Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
- In the course of using this Site and/or Partner Sites, you may provide us with personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you, and information on your use of and activities at our Site that may be connected with you (“Personal Information”).
- Personal Information that we collect from Visitors may include, but is not limited to, site login information, name, address, email, and OpenID. Personal Information may also include information you supply concerning your preferences and interests expressed in the course of use of our Site and/or Partner Sites.
- When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This information may include, but is not limited to, your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, the web page you were visiting before you came to our Site. Like many websites, we also use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We use “cookies” to enable certain features of the Site and across Partner Sites, to better understand how you interact with the Site and Partner Sites, and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on the Site and with Partner Sites. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Partner Sites or all functionality of our services.
How We Use Personal Information
- Personal Information is used for the following purposes:
- to provide and improve our Site and Partner Sites, and our services, features and content,
- to administer your use of our Site and Partner Sites,
- to enable Visitors to enjoy and easily navigate the Site and Partner Sites,
- to better understand your needs and interests,
- to fulfill requests you may make and to personalize your experience,
- to provide or offer software updates and product announcements, and
- to provide you with further information and offers from us. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “Visitor preferences” information. (See “Managing Your Information”, below.)
Information Sharing and Disclosure
JS-Kit Visitors. We will display your Personal Information in your profile page and elsewhere on the Site according to the preferences you set in your account. Any information you choose to provide should reflect how much you want all other JS-Kit Visitors to know about you. We recommend that you guard your sensitive information and we encourage Visitors to think carefully about what information about themselves they disclose in their profile pages. You can review and revise your profile information at any time.
Service Providers and Others. We me may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our service, to provide the service on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (including but not limited to maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf.
Transfer of Business
JS-Kit may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Law Enforcement Compliance
JS-Kit cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of JS-Kit or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
Managing Your Information
All registered Visitors may review, update or correct the Personal Information provided in their registration or profile by changing their “Visitor preferences” in their account. If you choose to opt out entirely, then your account may become deactivated and you will need to re-register should you decide to opt-in again. To delete your account entirely, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of Services by Children
This Site is not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.